UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Thursday Feb 13
LONDON Feb 13 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening mixed on Thursday, with estimates varying from a 7 point gain to a 18 point or 0.3 percent drop, according to financial bookmakers.
* The UK blue chip index closed 2.37 points higher on Wednesday at 6,675.03 to reach a three-week closing high, buoyed by miners after top metals consumer China reported robust trade data.
* RIO TINTO - Global miner Rio Tinto reported a 45 percent jump in second-half profit on Thursday, beating market forecasts thanks to sharp cost-cutting, lower capital spending and production growth.
* LLOYDS - State-backed Lloyds Banking Group could take another step towards returning to private hands on Thursday when it unveils 2013 results, having already flagged it will return to profit for the first time since the 2008 financial crisis.
* STANDARD CHARTERED - Standard Chartered is looking to sell its Swiss private bank as part of its plan to get rid of several non-core businesses as it sharpens its focus on Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
* ROLLS ROYCE - Two men were arrested in London on Wednesday as part of an investigation into aerospace and defence group Rolls Royce's dealings in Asia.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
AMEC PLC PRELIM
HELICAL BAR PLC TRADING
IMPERIAL TOBACCO GROUP PLC TRADING
LLOYDS BANKING GROUP PLC PRELIM
LANCASHIRE HOLDINGS LTD Q4
MORGAN ADVANCED MATERIALS PLC FINAL
NORCROS PLC TRADING
RIO TINTO PLC FINAL
ROLLS-ROYCE HOLDINGS PLC PRELIM
SABMILLER PLC TRADING
SHIRE PLC FINAL
SVG CAPITAL PLC PRELIM
TATE & LYLE PLC TRADING
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data