Malaysia's Maybank appoints John Chong to head investment banking unit
KUALA LUMPUR Feb 13 (Reuters) - Malayan Banking Bhd (Maybank), Malaysia's biggest lender by assets, said it has appointed John Chong to head its investment banking unit.
Chong replaces Tengku Zafrul Aziz, who resigned as Maybank Investment Bank's chief executive officer last September to join closest rival CIMB Group Holdings Bhd as head of investment banking.
Chong, 46, was previously Maybank Investment Bank's deputy chief and had assumed the role as interim officer-in-charge of the investment bank and acting head of Maybank Kim Eng Group after Tengku Zafrul's departure. (Reporting By Yantoultra Ngui; Editing by Supriya Kurane)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years