Malaysia's Maybank appoints John Chong to head investment banking unit
KUALA LUMPUR Feb 13 (Reuters) - Malayan Banking Bhd (Maybank), Malaysia's biggest lender by assets, said it has appointed John Chong to head its investment banking unit.
Chong replaces Tengku Zafrul Aziz, who resigned as Maybank Investment Bank's chief executive officer last September to join closest rival CIMB Group Holdings Bhd as head of investment banking.
Chong, 46, was previously Maybank Investment Bank's deputy chief and had assumed the role as interim officer-in-charge of the investment bank and acting head of Maybank Kim Eng Group after Tengku Zafrul's departure. (Reporting By Yantoultra Ngui; Editing by Supriya Kurane)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine