Sobeys to sell 30 stores in Western Canada
Feb 13 (Reuters) - Canadian grocery chain Sobeys Inc, a unit of Empire Co Ltd, said it would sell 30 stores - all but one to Overwaitea Food Group - for about C$430 million ($391.4 million).
The sale of the stores, all in western Canada, follow Sobeys' agreement with Canadian antitrust regulators related to its purchase of the Canadian assets of U.S. grocery group Safeway Inc for $5.7 billion last year.
Sobeys said it would sell one store to Federated Co-operatives Ltd.
The sales have been approved by the Canadian Competition Bureau. ()
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |