Worldwide merger activity rises 55 percent - data
LONDON Feb 14 (Reuters) - The value of worldwide merger deals has reached $391.1 billion so far this year, up 55 percent on the same period last year, Thomson Reuters data showed on Friday.
Morgan Stanley has benefited from the increased activity, rising five places to top the global mergers and acquisitions league table, according to the data.
The U.S. bank advised Time Warner Cable on $42.5 billion takeover by Comcast Corp announced on Thursday.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions