Worldwide merger activity rises 55 percent - data
LONDON Feb 14 (Reuters) - The value of worldwide merger deals has reached $391.1 billion so far this year, up 55 percent on the same period last year, Thomson Reuters data showed on Friday.
Morgan Stanley has benefited from the increased activity, rising five places to top the global mergers and acquisitions league table, according to the data.
The U.S. bank advised Time Warner Cable on $42.5 billion takeover by Comcast Corp announced on Thursday.
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Vote delayed on loan guarantee for World Trade Center developer
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets