Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest
Feb 14 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
* Private equity firm Oak Hill Capital Partners has hired JPMorgan Chase & Co to explore a sale of logistics provider Jacobson Companies Inc, hoping to fetch as much as $700 million, according to people familiar with the matter.
* Italy's top two banks, UniCredit and Intesa Sanpaolo, are in talks to set up a vehicle to pool restructured loans with a nominal value of 1 billion euros ($1.37 billion), two sources close to the matter said on Thursday.
* With cable's top two operators hooking up, rival Charter Communications Inc is likely to look at other suitors, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the company's thinking. ()
* Lloyds Banking Group is looking to sell $500 million of shipping loans in what is likely to be the final big sale of loans from its ship finance portfolio as the British bank accelerates its exit from the sector and reduces capital exposure, trade finance and banking sources familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
* India's Tilaknagar Industries and Courrier Napoleon brandies, is in the advanced stage of discussion with foreign liquor maker Imperial Spirits. The deal is expected to be in the range of Rs 4 billion ($64.14 million), the Business Standard reported, citing people with knowledge of matter. ()
* Minerals Technologies Inc has made a $42 a share all-cash bid for AMCOL International Corp, in an effort to top a standing deal for the minerals and materials producer, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing a person familiar with the matter. ()
* Brookstone Inc, known for its wide array of consumer gadgets such as massage chairs and travel electronics, is contemplating a possible bankruptcy-protection filing in the coming weeks as talks advance with potential buyers, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's racist remarks dim Republican support
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |