UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb 14
LONDON Feb 14 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 4 to 18 points higher, or up as much as 0.2 percent, on Friday, according to financial bookmakers.
* The UK blue chip index closed down 15.61 points, or 0.2 percent, at 6,659.42 points on Thursday.
* ROYAL DUTCH SHELL : The oil major is planning to sell three oil and gas producing assets in the North Sea, according to reports in the British press.
* BP : A U.S. appeals court on Thursday revived a shareholder lawsuit against BP over statements the company made in the wake of a 2006 oil spill in Alaska.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
ANGLO AMERICAN PLC FINAL
PENNON GROUP PLC TRADING
SEVERN TRENT PLC Q3 TRADE
THE SCOTTISH AMERICAN INVESTMENT PRELIM
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit
- Malaysia plane search straddles continent as police focus on crew |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Stocks near one-month low as western sanctions on Russia loom |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister