Monte Paschi top investor sold 2 pct of bank on the market
MILAN Feb 14 (Reuters) - The top investor in Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena has sold 236 million shares on the market, equivalent to 2 percent of Italy's No.3 bank.
In regulatory filings, the Fondazione Monte dei Paschi di Siena said it had netted 43.7 million euros ($59.81 million) from the sale, which leaves it with 31.5 percent in the bank.
The Fondazione is looking to sell all or part of its large stake ahead of 3-billion-euro capital increase that Monte dei Paschi is due to carry out from May onwards.
($1 = 0.7307 euros) (Reporting by Lisa Jucca; Editing by Valentina Za)
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- As some high-risk assets take a hit, investors fear worse is to come
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead