Australia's Newcrest sees very strong physical gold demand
MELBOURNE Feb 14 (Reuters) - Physical gold demand is strong, the chief executive of Australia's Newcrest Mining said on Friday, although he declined to predict how much higher gold might climb.
"Demand for gold in the physical market remains very, very strong," Greg Robinson told reporters. Robinson said investors' view on the global economic impact of the U.S. Federal Reserve paring its bond-buying was also fuelling a rally in gold prices.
Spot gold climbed to a three-month high on Thursday as investors flocked to the safe haven on concerns about U.S. economic growth.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |