Russia's cbank shifts boundaries of rouble's floating corridor
MOSCOW Feb 14 (Reuters) - Russia's central bank has shifted its target exchange-rate corridor for the rouble by five kopecks, following market interventions to curb the pace of the currency's decline.
The new corridor extends from 34.60-41.60 roubles to the dollar-euro currency basket as of Feb. 13, compared to 34.55-41.55 previously.
Under its managed float, the central bank increases its interventions as the rouble approaches the boundary of the corridor. Once an intervention allotment of $350 million is exhausted it automatically shifts the corridor.
The rouble was trading at 41.04 against the basket at 0605 GMT. (Reporting by Vladimir Abramov; Writing by Lidia Kelly, editing by Elizabeth Piper)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data