VIETNAM PRESS-January lending dips 0.5 pct vs Dec 2013 - Vietnam Economic Times
The total outstanding loans by banks in Vietnam at the end of last month dropped 0.5 percent from December 2013, according to the central bank, the Vietnam Economic Times newspaper reports.
Lending demand often slows during the month before Tet, or the Lunar New Year festival, during which borrowers focus more on sales and repaying debt, the report said. The Lunar New Year began on Jan. 31.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Hanoi Newsroom; Editing by Chris Gallagher)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions