No date set for third round of Syria peace talks: opposition
GENEVA (Reuters) - No agreement was made on a date for a third round of Syria peace talks in Geneva during a final session between the government and opposition, Ahmad Jakal, opposition negotiator, said on Saturday.
"It was a short, tense session, dominated by differences over how to tackle the issues of violence and political transition. Mr. (Lakhdar) Brahimi set no date for a third round but he made it clear he expects there will be one," he said, referring to the international mediator.
- Hamas defends Gaza ambush blamed for ending ceasefire |
- Bible left in North Korean sailor's club triggered U.S. tourist's arrest
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- U.S. House passes border-security funding bill to speed deportations |
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight