'Lego' topples 'Last Night,' 'RoboCop' to win box office title
LOS ANGELES/NEW YORK, Feb 16 - "The Lego Movie," an animated film that depicts a world based on the colorful toy blocks, collected $48.8 million to top box office charts, finishing far ahead of the romantic comedy "About Last Night" with ticket sales of $27 million on a U.S. holiday weekend that kicked off on Valentine's Day.
"RoboCop," a remake of the 1987 science fiction film about a part-man, part-cyborg crime fighter, was third with sales of $21.5 million from Friday to Sunday, according to studio reports. Monday marks the federal Presidents Day holiday.
(Reporting By Ronald Grover and Chris Michaud; Editing by Nick Zieminski)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |