Briton Chiwetel Ejiofor wins best actor award at 2014 BAFTAs
LONDON Feb 16 (Reuters) - British actor Chiwetel Ejiofor won the Best Actor award at Britain's top film honours on Sunday for his role as a free man tricked and sold into bondage in "12 Years a Slave".
Ejiofor, 36, who gained recognition as the lead in the dark 2002 crime thriller "Dirty Pretty Things", said he was "deeply honoured and privileged" to receive the award and for having the chance to make "a story of such value". (Reporting by Belinda Goldsmith; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |