Rescuers start bringing trapped South African illegal miners to surface
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Four of a group of at least 30 illegal South African miners trapped in an abandoned gold shaft near Johannesburg were brought to the surface by rescuers on Sunday and others were expected to follow, an emergency services spokesman said.
"So far there are four that have been removed up," ER24 spokesman Werner Vermaak told Reuters. He added they were being medically checked and then handed over to the police.
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data