Australia's Asciano shares jump to 4-month highs
SYDNEY Feb 18 (Reuters) - Shares in Australian rail and ports operator Asciano Ltd jumped as much as 5 percent to touch near 4-month highs after reporting a 6 percent rise in underlying first half net profit on Tuesday.
Underlying net profit rose to A$190.2 million ($171.7 million) for the six months ending Dec. 31 from A$179.5 million a year ago.
Shares in Asciano were up 3 percent to A$5.93 by 2307 GMT. ($1 = 1.1080 Australian dollars) (Reporting by Thuy Ong; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |