Banco Popolare confirms share swap ratio for Credito Bergamasco
MILAN Feb 17 (Reuters) - Italy's Banco Popolare said on Monday the share swap ratio in its merger with unit Credito Bergamasco (Creberg) would remain at 11.5 Popolare shares for each Creberg share.
Italy's fourth-largest bank moved to review the share swap ratio after announcing last month a capital increase worth up to 1.5 billion euros ($2.1 billion).
In a statement, Banco Popolare said the ratio implicitly valued Creberg at 16.76 euros per share.
Banco Popolare has previously said the merger is a reorganisation that will boost its core capital by more than 50 basis points. ($1 = 0.7298 euros) (Reporting by Stephen Jewkes)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- Train with MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine base |
- Bodies, black boxes handed over from Ukraine crash site |
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad