Italy's Banco Popolare to sell RCS stake through put option
MILAN Feb 17 (Reuters) - Italy's Banco Popolare said on Monday it would exercise a put option to sell its whole stake in RCS MediaGroup, publisher of Italy's best-known newspaper Corriere della Sera.
The transfer of shares, equivalent to 0.91 percent of RCS, and the price settlement are worth 113.9 million euros ($156 million), Banco Popolare said in a statement.
Large shareholders in RCS, including investment bank Mediobanca have been selling their stakes in the publisher.
Carmaker Fiat is now the top investor in the publisher with a stake of around 20.5 percent.
($1 = 0.7298 euros) (Reporting by Isla Binnie, editing by David Evans)
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source