India budget-Finmin says will need to bring down fiscal deficit to 3 pct of gdp by 2016/17
NEW DELHI Feb 17 (Reuters) - India's Finance Minister P. Chidambaram told parliament that the country needs to contain the fiscal deficit at 3 percent of GDP by 2016/17.
Chidambaram was presenting an interim budget to tide public finances over until a new government is formed after elections due by May.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as U.S. defense secretary |
- Missouri grand jury makes decision in fatal shooting of black teen |
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after failing to meet deadline |