India budget-Food subsidy for 2014/15 seen at 1.15 trl rupees
NEW DELHI Feb 17 (Reuters) - Indian Finance Minister P. Chidambaram forecast that the country's total spending on food subsidies will be at least 1.15 trillion rupees in 2014/15.
He estimated combined food, fertiliser and fuel subsidies at 2.5 trillion rupees in 2014/15.
Chidambaram was presenting an interim budget to tide public finances over until a new government is formed after elections due by May.
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Missing jet could slow Malaysian Airline's return to profit