India govt's interest payment cost seen rising to 4.27 trln rupees in 2014/15
NEW DELHI Feb 17 (Reuters) - The Indian government's interest payment cost is expected to rise to 4.27 trillion rupees ($68.77 billion) in 2014/15 from a revised 3.8 trillion rupees in the current fiscal year, the government said in its budget document released on Monday.
Finance Minister P. Chidambaram presented an interim budget in parliament to tide public finances over until a new government is formed after elections due by May.
Full coverage of Interim Budget 2014 at
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border