India tax on super rich ought to be revised in full budget-finmin
NEW DELHI Feb 17 (Reuters) - India's finance minister said on Monday a tax on the super rich ought to be revised when the full budget is prepared after elections due by May.
Finance Minister P. Chidambaram, who presented an interim budget to parliament, introduced a surcharge of 10 percent for a year on those with taxable incomes of more than 10 million rupees ($161,100).
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement