SINGAPORE PRESS-New bankruptcy cases hit four-year high - Straits Times
The number of people made bankrupt last year rose by 14 per cent to reach 1,992 - the highest since 2009, the Straits Times reported.
The Insolvency and Public Trustee's Office under the Ministry of Law gave general reasons for the rise: overspending, business failure and unemployment.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Compiled by Singapore Newsroom; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas militants on Day 6 of Gaza offensive |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid