Novartis to buy U.S.-based biotech CoStim for undisclosed price
ZURICH (Reuters) - Novartis said it will buy U.S.-based CoStim Pharmaceuticals Inc., a privately held biotechnology company focused on harnessing the immune system to eliminate immune-blocking signals from cancer, for an undisclosed price.
The Swiss drugmaker said the move follows increasing evidence pointing to the role of the immune system in controlling cancer.
(Reporting By Katharina Bart; Editing by John Stonestreet)
- Oregon resident hospitalized for possible Ebola virus infection
- Fired-up Republicans have edge in midterm turnout war
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California |
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California