Novartis to buy U.S.-based biotech CoStim for undisclosed price
ZURICH (Reuters) - Novartis said it will buy U.S.-based CoStim Pharmaceuticals Inc., a privately held biotechnology company focused on harnessing the immune system to eliminate immune-blocking signals from cancer, for an undisclosed price.
The Swiss drugmaker said the move follows increasing evidence pointing to the role of the immune system in controlling cancer.
(Reporting By Katharina Bart; Editing by John Stonestreet)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’