Germany leads men's team event after first round
ROSA KHUTOR, Russia
ROSA KHUTOR, Russia (Reuters) - Germany narrowly led defending Olympic champions Austria in the men's team ski jumping competition after the first round on Monday.
After four jumpers had taken part from each of the 12 teams, Germany sat on 519.0 points with Austria on 516.5. Japan were third on 507.5.
The top eight teams will jump against each other in the second and final round.
Poland were well behind in fourth place and barring a miracle, Kamil Stoch will fail in his bid to become just the second man to win three jumping golds at the same Games.
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |