Germany leads men's team event after first round
ROSA KHUTOR, Russia
ROSA KHUTOR, Russia (Reuters) - Germany narrowly led defending Olympic champions Austria in the men's team ski jumping competition after the first round on Monday.
After four jumpers had taken part from each of the 12 teams, Germany sat on 519.0 points with Austria on 516.5. Japan were third on 507.5.
The top eight teams will jump against each other in the second and final round.
Poland were well behind in fourth place and barring a miracle, Kamil Stoch will fail in his bid to become just the second man to win three jumping golds at the same Games.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- At least four servicemen killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |
- Taliban sympathizer posts pictures of smiling Bowe Bergdahl
- Israel presses on with Gaza offensive, Palestinians fire rockets |