UAE telco du Q4 profit falls 43 percent
DUBAI Feb 18 (Reuters) - Du, the United Arab Emirates' No.2 telecom operator, reported a 43 percent fall in fourth-quarter profit on Tuesday.
The firm made a net profit of 570 million dirhams ($155.18 million) in the three months to Dec. 31, down from 994 million dirhams in the year-earlier period, Reuters calculated based on du's previous financial results.
Du's full-year profit for 2013 was 1.99 billion dirhams, up slightly from 1.98 billion dirhams a year earlier, du said in an emailed statement. ($1 = 3.6730 UAE dirhams) (Reporting by Matt Smith; editing by Olzhas Auyezov)
- Malaysian plane may have flown hours after losing contact - WSJ |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source