Ukraine's Yanukovich to meet opposition leaders on Wednesday - parliament speaker
KIEV Feb 18 (Reuters) - Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich plans to meet opposition leaders on Wednesday, parliament speaker Volodymyr Rybak said after a day of violent clashes in the capital Kiev between protesters and riot police.
"I have spoken to the President today ... Tomorrow there will be a meeting between the President and the opposition," he told journalists.
- Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors |
- Three dead in east Ukraine, Putin warns of 'abyss' |
- California city evacuation lifted after military ordnance found
- Teen in 'Jihad Jane' case to be sentenced on U.S. terror charges
- Search for Malaysia jet refocuses on drone scans of sea floor