Ukraine's Yanukovich to meet opposition leaders on Wednesday - parliament speaker
KIEV Feb 18 (Reuters) - Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich plans to meet opposition leaders on Wednesday, parliament speaker Volodymyr Rybak said after a day of violent clashes in the capital Kiev between protesters and riot police.
"I have spoken to the President today ... Tomorrow there will be a meeting between the President and the opposition," he told journalists.
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'open aggression' as rebels advance |
- Pakistani protesters clash with police, soldiers secure state TV |
- Europe holds nerve as Russia-Ukraine warnings ratchet up
- Dozens arrested at Made in America music festival in Los Angeles