UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb 18
LONDON Feb 18 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up by 6 to 11 points, or as much as 0.2 percent, on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* The UK blue chip index closed up by 72.38 points, or 1.1 percent, at 6,736.00 on Monday.
* BHP BILLITON : Global miner BHP Billiton topped market forecasts with a 31 percent rise in first-half profit on Tuesday and hinted it may launch a share buyback in August, despite a cautious outlook on Chinese growth.
* UK HOUSING MARKET: Britain's housing market is not overheating but interest rates will not remain at record lows indefinitely, Bank of England policymaker David Miles said in an interview on Monday.
* VODAFONE : Vodafone has lodged a complaint against Spanish rival Telefonica, alleging it is abusing its position in Spain to reduce competition for telecoms, Internet and television services.
* LLOYDS : U.S.-based Anchorage Capital Group has acquired about 80 million pounds ($134 million) of debt from Lloyds Banking Group for a controlling stake in New Century Care (NCC), one of Britain's biggest care home groups, Sky News reported on Monday.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
DRAGON OIL FULL YEAR
ESSAR ENERGY TRADING UPDATE
INTERCONTINENTAL HOTELS FULL YEAR
JOHN WOOD GROUP FULL YEAR
PENDRAGON FULL YEAR
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies