Swiss stocks - Factors to watch on Feb 18
ZURICH Feb 18 (Reuters) - Swiss stocks were seen flat at the open on Tuesday as investors stay on the sidelines ahead of economic data from Europe and the United States.
The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen opening little changed 8,418 points, according to premarket indications by bank Julius Baer.
The following are some of the main factors expected to affect Swiss stocks on Tuesday:
In a crackdown on currencies traders, financial institutions including Royal Bank of Scotland, Deutsche Bank and UBS are reviewing the rules governing how traders make bets with their own money, the Financial Times reported on Monday.
For more, click on:
Swiss dental implant maker Nobel Biocare expects higher market share and sales in 2014 as it notched up its first annual revenue growth in six years.
For more, click on:
* Roche announces launch of the Dual Target HIV-1 Qualitative Test in markets accepting the CE mark.
* SGS said it had acquired RF Technologies in Yokohama, Japan, which employs more than 20 staff and generated revenues in 2013 of more than 320 million yen.
* LEM posted a third quarter net profit of 8.6 million Swiss francs, a fall of 41.8 percent compared to the previous quarter.
* Kaba has acquired Brazil's Task Sistemas de Computacao S/A for an undisclosed price to gain access to a nationwide distribution network in the country.
* A group led by Starr Investment Holdings and Partners Group have acquired MultiPlan, Inc, a provider of healthcare cost management solutions, from Silver Lake and BC Partners. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
* Novimmune (IPO-NOVI.S) announces closing of 60 million Swiss franc financing.
- South Korea investigates capsized ferry crew, stowage as rescue hampered |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Nobel winner Garcia Marquez, master of magical realism, dies at 87 |