Pussy Riot members detained in Sochi by Russian police
MOSCOW Feb 18 (Reuters) - Two members of the protest group Pussy Riot, Maria Alyokhina and Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, were detained by law enforcement authorities on Tuesday in Sochi, where Russia is holding the Winter Olympics, the activists said on Twitter.
Alyokhina said they had been detained on suspicion of committing a crime but did not give details.
(Reporting by Thomas Grove; Editing by Steve Guttterman)
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76