Panera Bread says bad weather hurt first-quarter sales
Feb 18 (Reuters) - Panera Bread Co gave a disappointing profit forecast for the current quarter after blaming inclement weather for hurting customer visits to its bakery cafes.
The news dragged its shares down 1.4 percent in after-hours trade on Tuesday.
The company expects earnings of $1.49 per share to $1.55 per share in the first quarter. It said sales at company-owned bakery cafes open at least 18 months were down about 2.2 percent in the first 48 days of the period.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 2, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia