Rona results hit by weather, decline in home building
TORONTO Feb 18 (Reuters) - Rona Inc, a Canadian home improvement retailer and distributor, reported lower quarterly revenue and profit on Tuesday as same-store sales fell due to extreme winter weather and a decline in home-building.
The company reported adjusted net income, attributable to participating shares, of C$4.6 million ($4.20 million), or 4 Canadian cents a share, in the fourth quarter, down from C$6.4 million, or 5 Canadian cents a share, in the same period last year.
Total revenue declined to C$941.1 billion from C$1.07 billion a year earlier.
There were 13 weeks in the fourth quarter ended Dec 29, 2013, versus 14 weeks, during the same quarter in 2012.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |