SINGAPORE PRESS-Temasek invests in Chinese online education start-up - Business Times
Singapore state investor Temasek Holdings (Private) Ltd , together with Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group and venture-capital firm Qiming Venture Partners, has invested nearly US$100 million in TutorGroup, an online education start-up based and headquartered in Shanghai.
TutorGroup, in an announcement on Monday, said it will use this latest Series B funding to expand its presence in Asia and the Americas, where it now runs real-time, interactive and personalised language-learning programmes.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Reporting by Rujun Shen; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program