S.Korea's S-Oil to buy land to build oil refining, petchem plant
SEOUL Feb 18 (Reuters) - South Korea's S-Oil Corp has won a tender to buy land from Korea National Oil Corp (KNOC) to build a 5 trillion won ($4.72 billion) refining and petrochemical facility, a KNOC spokesman said on Tuesday.
State-run KNOC unveiled results of the tender closed on Monday to sell 92 hectares (227 acres) of land for 519 billion won, which S-Oil offered as a sole bidder, the spokesman said. (Reporting by Meeyoung Cho; Editing by Ed Davies)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’