S.Korea's S-Oil to buy land to build oil refining, petchem plant
SEOUL Feb 18 (Reuters) - South Korea's S-Oil Corp has won a tender to buy land from Korea National Oil Corp (KNOC) to build a 5 trillion won ($4.72 billion) refining and petrochemical facility, a KNOC spokesman said on Tuesday.
State-run KNOC unveiled results of the tender closed on Monday to sell 92 hectares (227 acres) of land for 519 billion won, which S-Oil offered as a sole bidder, the spokesman said. (Reporting by Meeyoung Cho; Editing by Ed Davies)
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest |
- Current underwater search for Malaysia plane could end within a week