Turkish central bank keeps interest rates on hold
ISTANBUL Feb 18 (Reuters) - Turkey's central bank kept interest rates on hold on Tuesday after last month's sharp hike helped stabilise the lira, shying away from further tightening for fear of hitting growth ahead of elections next month.
The bank kept its overnight lending rate at 12 percent, its one-week repo rate at 10 percent, and its overnight borrowing rate at 8 percent, as predicted by all 16 economists in a Reuters poll.
(Reporting by Seda Sezer; Editing by Nick Tattersall, John Stonestreet)
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers seek survivors of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |