Former Lakers forward Odom joins Laboral Kutxa
MADRID (Reuters) - Former Los Angeles Lakers forward Lamar Odom has agreed a two-month deal with Spain's Laboral Kutxa with an option to extend the contract to the end of the season in June, the Basque club said on Tuesday.
Odom, 34, won two NBA championships with the Lakers and also played for Dallas Mavericks, Los Angeles Clippers and Miami Heat. He represented the United States at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens and the 2010 world championships in Istanbul.
Coached by Italian Sergio Scariolo, Vitoria-based Laboral Kutxa are bottom of their Euroleague Top 16 section with a 1-5 record and ninth in Spain's Liga Endesa.
(Additional reporting by Zoran Milosavljevic in Belgrade, writing by Iain Rogers, editing by Rex Gowar)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt