Colombia fires head of armed forces amid corruption scandal
BOGOTA (Reuters) - Colombia has dismissed the head of its armed forces, Leonardo Barrero, days after media allegations surfaced of widespread corruption in military procurement contracts, President Juan Manuel Santos announced on Tuesday.
(Reporting by Monica Garcia; Writing by Peter Murphy; Editing by James Dalgleish)
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park