China says it cannot accept U.N. criticism on North Korea abuses
BEIJING (Reuters) - China said on Tuesday that it cannot accept criticism from U.N. investigators following a report by the international agency that said Beijing might be "aiding and abetting crimes against humanity" by sending migrants and defectors back to North Korea.
Foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying made the comments at a daily news briefing.
U.N. investigators said on Monday that North Korean security chiefs and possibly even leader Kim Jong Un himself should face international justice for human rights abuses.
(Reporting by Ben Blanchard)
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- UPDATE 2-Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning