China says it cannot accept U.N. criticism on North Korea abuses
BEIJING (Reuters) - China said on Tuesday that it cannot accept criticism from U.N. investigators following a report by the international agency that said Beijing might be "aiding and abetting crimes against humanity" by sending migrants and defectors back to North Korea.
Foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying made the comments at a daily news briefing.
U.N. investigators said on Monday that North Korean security chiefs and possibly even leader Kim Jong Un himself should face international justice for human rights abuses.
(Reporting by Ben Blanchard)
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data