China says it cannot accept U.N. criticism on North Korea abuses
BEIJING (Reuters) - China said on Tuesday that it cannot accept criticism from U.N. investigators following a report by the international agency that said Beijing might be "aiding and abetting crimes against humanity" by sending migrants and defectors back to North Korea.
Foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying made the comments at a daily news briefing.
U.N. investigators said on Monday that North Korean security chiefs and possibly even leader Kim Jong Un himself should face international justice for human rights abuses.
(Reporting by Ben Blanchard)
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups begin 3-day Gaza truce |
- Disappointment, uncertainty after India blocks WTO trade deal
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- Tesla expects to boost 2015 output to more than 60,000