FIFA confirms Curitiba as World Cup host city despite delays
SAO PAULO (Reuters) - FIFA will stick with plans to hold World Cup soccer matches in the Brazilian city of Curitiba, the secretary general of world soccer's governing body said on Twitter, shortly ahead of a press conference on the decision.
FIFA's Jerome Valcke has said he would announce on Tuesday whether work on a stadium in Curitiba was too delayed to host the four World Cup matches scheduled there.
(Reporting by Brad Haynes; Editing by Ken Ferris)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt