U.S. believes diplomacy key to ending Syria conflict: White House
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States still believes that diplomacy is the best way to end the civil war in Syria but all options were being considered, White House spokesman Jay Carney said on Tuesday, after a second round of peace negotiations broke up in Geneva over the weekend without making progress.
(Reporting by Eric Beech)
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV