U.S. believes diplomacy key to ending Syria conflict: White House
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States still believes that diplomacy is the best way to end the civil war in Syria but all options were being considered, White House spokesman Jay Carney said on Tuesday, after a second round of peace negotiations broke up in Geneva over the weekend without making progress.
(Reporting by Eric Beech)
- Ukraine president accuses Russian soldiers of backing rebel thrust |
- Video shows Islamic State executes scores of Syrian soldiers |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Comedian Joan Rivers, 81, rushed to New York hospital
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles