Ukrainian riot police move on protesters occupying Kiev square
KIEV (Reuters) - Ukrainian riot police started to move into Kiev's Independence Square late on Tuesday, pushing back anti-government protesters whose tents were burning, local television showed.
Live television footage showed riot police throwing stun grenades at protesters separated from them by a line of burning tents, tyres and wood.
(Reporting by Marcin Goettig; Editing by Robin Pomeroy)
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note