Ukraine police use water canon, protesters throw petrol bombs: TV
KIEV (Reuters) - Ukrainian police used water cannon on Tuesday to disperse protesters on the edge of the Kiev square they have occupied, television pictures showed.
Anti-government protesters were shown hurling petrol bombs, fireworks and stones at riot police and igniting piles of tyres and wood to block officers entering Independence Square.
Nine people died during clashes in Kiev on Tuesday, seven civilians and two policemen, the police said.
(Editing by Robin Pomeroy)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean : source |
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source