U.S. DOE to announce loan aid deal for Georgia nuclear plant
WASHINGTON Feb 18 (Reuters) - The U.S. Energy Department will announce on Wednesday that it has finalized a $8.3 billion loan guarantee to expand Southern Co's Vogtle nuclear power plant in Georgia, a government source said.
The Vogtle plant received its initial conditional loan agreement from the department in February 2010.
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Talks optimism fades as Ukraine says Russia makes new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers