U.S. DOE to announce loan aid deal for Georgia nuclear plant
WASHINGTON Feb 18 (Reuters) - The U.S. Energy Department will announce on Wednesday that it has finalized a $8.3 billion loan guarantee to expand Southern Co's Vogtle nuclear power plant in Georgia, a government source said.
The Vogtle plant received its initial conditional loan agreement from the department in February 2010.
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5