Debt collector Portfolio Recovery to buy Aktiv Kapital for $880 mln
Feb 19 (Reuters) - U.S.-based Portfolio Recovery Associates Inc said it would buy Aktiv Kapital AS, a Norway-based company that services non-performing consumer loans, for about $880 million.
Portfolio Recovery, which provides fee-based debt collection services, said it would also assume Aktiv's debt of $435 million, giving the deal an enterprise value of $1.3 billion.
Portfolio Recovery's shares rose 5 percent to $53.00 in trading after the bell.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Gaza toll nears 100, militants threaten Israeli airport |
- Haskell collapses in Texas court as details of Texas murder read
- Obama tells Israel U.S. ready to help end hostilities
- Apple iPhone a danger to China national security: state media