Debt collector Portfolio Recovery to buy Aktiv Kapital for $880 mln
Feb 19 (Reuters) - U.S.-based Portfolio Recovery Associates Inc said it would buy Aktiv Kapital AS, a Norway-based company that services non-performing consumer loans, for about $880 million.
Portfolio Recovery, which provides fee-based debt collection services, said it would also assume Aktiv's debt of $435 million, giving the deal an enterprise value of $1.3 billion.
Portfolio Recovery's shares rose 5 percent to $53.00 in trading after the bell.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |