Devon Energy posts profit as oil production increases
Feb 19 (Reuters) - Oil and gas producer Devon Energy Corp posted a fourth-quarter profit, compared to a loss a year earlier, as the company produced more oil, particularly from its wells in Texas' Permian Basin.
The company reported net profit of $207 million, or 51 cents per share, in the quarter ended Dec.31, compared to net loss of $357 million, or 89 cents per share, a year earlier.
Devon recorded an impairment charge of $896 million in the year-ago quarter.
Oil production rose 17 percent to 177,000 barrels per day.
- Israel knocks out Gaza power plant, digs in for long fight |
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; Ukraine fighting kills dozens