Nigeria's SEC tells Ecobank to reinstate whistleblower Do Rego
LAGOS Feb 19 (Reuters) - Nigeria's Securities and Exchange Commission has told Ecobank that it must reinstate former finance director Laurence do Rego pending a probe into her allegations of corporate governance breaches, a spokesman for the SEC said.
SEC spokesman Obi Adindu said by telephone on Wednesday that this was in line with Nigeria's regulatory laws. (Reporting by Tim Cocks; Editing by Anthony Barker)
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S