Australian Treasurer says G20 must focus to lift global growth
SYDNEY Feb 20 (Reuters) - The world's 20 major economies must cooperate and improve macroeconomic coordination to lift growth, create jobs and return government budgets to a more sustainable footing, Australian Treasurer Joe Hockey said on Thursday.
Sharing information to promote understanding of each others' policies was the first step in achieving better coordination, Hockey said in a speech to the Institute of International Finance in Sydney.
- Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- Four-way talks call for end to Ukraine violence |
- California city evacuation lifted after military ordnance found
- Divers enter capsized South Korean ferry in hunt for survivors |