Australian Treasurer says G20 must focus to lift global growth
SYDNEY Feb 20 (Reuters) - The world's 20 major economies must cooperate and improve macroeconomic coordination to lift growth, create jobs and return government budgets to a more sustainable footing, Australian Treasurer Joe Hockey said on Thursday.
Sharing information to promote understanding of each others' policies was the first step in achieving better coordination, Hockey said in a speech to the Institute of International Finance in Sydney.
- Australia leads southern search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Shares hit as Crimea vote to spur sanctions against Moscow |